Memorandum of Understanding
with JNTU, Hyderabad, India
Students who initiated their graduate program at JNT University, Hyderabad, India, may continue their graduate studies here at K-State. The Graduate School at K-State and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between JNTU and K-State allow graduate students to transfer up to 10 credit hours of graduate coursework from JNTU to K-State subject to satisfactory performance in those courses. Students wishing to be admitted under this MOU are evaluated on the basis of the same admission criteria (GRE, TOEFL, Satisfactory academic performance in the undergraduate program, etc) that other applicants are expected to fulfill. Decisions on admission to graduate program and financial assistantship offer are based on the recommendations of the departmental graduate committee.
COLLABORATIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (JNTU), INDIA, AND THE KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY (KSU), USA
In accordance with a mutual desire to promote further cooperation between India and the United States of America, the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, and Kansas State University, enter into this formal statement of collaboration for the purpose of educational and cultural exchange.
The two Universities have found it mutually beneficial to seriously explore cooperative activities for the following purposes:
- Development of graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Exchange of faculty and staff for teaching and/or research assignments.
- Exchange of students for advanced studies and research.
- Transfer of academic courses.
- Organization of symposiums, conferences and meetings.
It is understood that the details of joint activities, conditions for utilization of the results achieved, and arrangements for specific visits, exchanges, and all other forms of cooperation will be negotiated in each specific case and will depend upon the availability of funds. Each party agrees to seek financial resources for supporting such exchanges and collaboration.
AGREEMENT FOR TRANSFER OF CREDITS OF ACADEMIC COURSES BETWEEN THE JNTU COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, HYDERABAD, INDIA, AND THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY, KANSAS (USA)
In accordance with the attached collaborative agreement between Kansas State University, Kansas, USA and Jawaharial Nehru Technological University, India, item 4 (Transfer of Academic Courses) is detailed as follows:
- M.S. (Environmental Geotechnology) Students at NJTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad, India will be able to transfer 10 credits toward M.S. Program at Kansas State University (KSU), USA. They will have to earn remaining credits from KSU.
- Students will pay the regular tuition fees for all credits earned at NJTU to JNTU.
- Students will pay tuition fees for all credits earned at KSU to KSU in accordance with KSU’s policies.
- Candidates will be admitted by JNTU based on entrance examination conducted by JNTU.
- The candidates recommended by JNTU, after the completion of set credits at JNTU, will be eligible to continue the programme at KSU after meeting admission criteria set forth by Dept. of Civil Engineering and Graduate School of KSU.
By signing, we, Dr. Y. Venkatarami Reddy, Vice-Chancellor, JNT University and Dr. Terry S. King, Dean, College of Engineering, Kansas State University, Kansas agree to comply with its terms.